What is OHSAS 18001?
OHSAS 18000 is an international occupational health and safety management system specification. It comprises two parts, 18001 and 18002 and embraces a number of other publications. For the record, the following other documents, amongst others, were used in the creation process:
- BS8800:1996 Guide to occupational health and safety management systems
- Standard for Certification of Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems(OHSMS):1997
- Technical Report NPR 5001: 1997 Guide to an occupational health and safety management system
- Draft SMS 8800 Health & safety management systems assessment criteria
- ISA 2000:1997 Requirements for Safety and Health Management Systems
- SafetyCert: Occupational Safety and Health Management Standard
- Draft AS/NZ 4801 Occupational health and safety management systems Specification with guidance for use
- Draft PAS 088 Occupational health and safety management systems
- UNE 81900 series of pre-standards on the Prevention of occupational risks
- Draft SR 320 Recommendation for an Occupational Health and Safety (OH and S) Management System
Brief introduction of De system
De System is a world leading consultancy organization specialized in global product & system certifications such as: ISO 9001 (QMS), ISO 14001 (EMS), ISO 13485, ISO 27001 (ISMS), ISO 22000 (FSMS), OHSAS 18001, US FDA registration and compliance, European Union & EFTA product safety requirement- CE Marking, ROHS compliance, ISO standards, HACCP, OHSAS, C-TPAT, GMP, EUREPGAP, SA 8000, BSCI, WRAP etc. De System has presence in India and other parts of Asia. We are having our presence in following geographical areas:NEW DELHI, CHANDIGARH,HARYANA Panchkula, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Bahadurgarh, Bhiwadi, Panipat,UTTAR PRADESH- Ghaziabad, Kanpur, Allahabad, Lucknow, Agra, Meerut, Varanasi, Bhadoi, Rampur, Noida,UTTRANCHAL Mandi, Baddi,GUJARAT- Ahmedabad, Surat, Bhavnagar MAHARASHTRA - Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune, JAMMU & KASHMIR - Jammu, PUNJAB Ludhiana, Faridkot, Amritsar, Chandigarh KARNATAKA- Bangalore, Tumkur, Mysore, TAMIL NADU Chennai, Tirupur, ANDHRA PRADESH Hyderabad, MADHYA PRADESH- Bhopal, ORISSA Raurkela, Bhuwneshwar, Katak WESTBANGOL Kolkata, Durgapur BIHAR- Patna, Gaya, JHARKHAND- Ranchi. Jamshedpur.
Who developed OHSAS?
OHSAS 18001 was created via a concerted effort from a number of the worlds leading national standards bodies, certification bodies, and specialist consultancies. A main driver for this was to try to remove confusion in the workplace from the proliferation of certifiable OH&S specifications.
- National Standards Authority of Ireland
- Standards Australia
- South African Bureau of Standards
- British Standards Institution
- Det Norske Veritas
- Lloyds Register Quality Assurance
- National Quality Assurance
- SFS Certification
- SGS Yarsley International Certification Services
- Asociaci?spa? de Normalizaci? Certificaci?
- International Safety Management Organisation Ltd
- Standards and Industry Research Institute of Malaysia
- International Certification Services
- Bureau Veritas Quality International
What are OHSAS 18001 and OHSAS 18002?
OHSAS 18001 is an assessment specification for Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems. It was developed in response to the need for companies to meet their health and safety obligations in an efficient manner. To compliment OHSAS 18001, BSI published OHSAS 18002, which explains the requirements of the specification and shows you how to work toward implementation and registration.